Wednesday 17 February 2010

On-Style Channel, self explanatory

Sex & the City

Devil Wears Prada

Originally from Canada, Korea is the second country I've moved to. From past experience I've found a few ways to ensure a smooth transition. Such as familiarising yourself with your new neighbourhood, mastering public transportation and learning a bit of the local lingo (before I hear shouts of protest because I lived in Australia, believe me, there were times when it felt like I had to learn a new language!) More than anything though, making your new pad as homey as possible and surrounding yourself with creature comforts will give you the confidence to face any new challenge or experience.

For me that includes my E.T doll (mentioned in my first post). I've had him since I was 4 and he's travelled to at least 6 countries and is now living in his third. I'm surprised Canada hasn't given him a passport yet. I also tend to pack a few photos, a favourite piece of clothing, my favourite chocolate (just in case) and my entertainment devices (which have evolved since my first move, I think I only had a walkman then, lol). Modern technology has made moving overseas so easy! This time I was able to bring my PSP, laptop, mp3 player, DVDs, etc. Nothing is more comforting than to watch my favourite movie or TV show.

Luckily Korea was prepared for my arrival. When I first discovered On-Style Channel, my heart skipped a beat. It's a girly girls' best friend. Non-stop, in one place you will find programs about fashion, as well as chick flicks and programs that often appeal to women. I first noticed this channel after flicking through and seeing a flash of Carrie Bradshaw. Yup, Sex & the City is showed daily and when they've made it through every season, it begins from the start. Same with Friends and Ghost Whisperer.


No comments:

Post a Comment