Monday 8 February 2010

What naturally goes with a pedicure? A manicure of course!


I realize this may seem a bit boring to some but I just have to write a little something about my first manicure in Korea. Which is also the most memorable and awesome manicure I've ever had (and believe me, I've had a lot!) It is commonly known that Korea is exceptionally adept at nail maintenance so it was only a matter of time before I tried it out for myself. The minute I stepped into a nail salon, I was given a pink velvety couch to sit on, a cup of tea and a very large book of nail art samples. I decided to go for the works, so I settled on a very fancy design with lots of bling! After pointing out my chosen design to one of the nail artists and after a brief consultation with her colleagues, she came over to me with a calculator and a very grave expression on her face. I started to worry, how much is this going to cost and have I been that naive in assuming it will be cheap because it's in Korea? Luckily my assumption was right, 50,000 won was punched into the calculator. For something that usually costs well over $100 in Canada or Australia, it ended up being around $50. This included an hour of hand massaging, the usual cuticle work and shaping with various oils. Once she started on the actual painting, I was impressed. I've only ever seen such precise work from an air brush but my fabulous manicure was all done free hand. I had unlimited beverages and at the end I had 3 women on hand to help me with my coat, handbag and the door so I wouldn't ruin my nails. I have a feeling this will become a frequent event in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment